
- Wukking up is my middle name by Bucky Wuk Up
- Chaos by Blood
I also heard many other tunes including ones by Red Plastic Bag and John King.
RPB's and John King's tunes I like already. The others are in the "they may grow on me as the season continues pile". There is time. All things are possible. Many years I ended up loving a song which I did not like much upon first hearing it. In other words, I am a believer of giving a song a chance before throwing it to the curb - for the most part. Some songs are bad from the get go - brutal but true .
Sunflower would like to wish all the artists best of luck this crop over season. That also goes to all those new and old souls who bravely put themselves out there to be judged on the merit of their calypsos and their calypso rendering abilities. Remember only some of you will make it to the finals.
Many will enter. Few will be chosen.
It is a mathematical thing. Points are awarded in various categories (melody, rendition, stage performance, etc). You will reach the finals if your scores are higher than those of the calypsonians who don't make it. Yes, math is a brutal decider. And all decisions are final.
No comments:
Post a Comment