Sunday, December 6, 2009

TV Show Finale Review – Sons of Anarchy

(Spoiler Alert – If you have not seen episode 13 in season 2, I suggest you do not read this review. I don’t give a way much, but to a true fan a little may be too much.)

Of all the shows I hate to admit I love, Sons of Anarchy must be at the top of that list.

Sons of Anarchy Season Two Premiere Screening

(Can you really hate these guys? Look how cute they are all dressed up.)

The show is about some fairly bad dudes who run guns (not drugs) and who have no problem dispensing of their enemies and hiding the bodies.

And in an equal opportunity kinda way, SOA also showcases some firly bad dudettes. The chief “old lady” aint all that old and she packs a mean punch (with a skateboard no less), and has her own mini arsenal of weapons.

Ok, that is my idea of an overview. To find out more about SOA you can check ----> Sons of Anarchy on TV.com

About the Finale

Good finales should wrap up a few plot twists and add a few more, just to keep the audience eager for the next season. And this finale did just that.

What got wrapped up – That whole Zobelle thing. Well kinda. Chief Zobelle is still alive and kicking but his daughter did not fare so well. The Zobelle clan was disbanded and in the nicest of ways.

Gemma. Thought she was smarter than to walk into a room and not check who was lurking in the shadows first. Although I know why she did what she did, Gemma had to pay for being stupid when you should be smart. Now she is on the run and to me, it is mainly her fault, aided nicely by Agent Stahl.

Stahl is another one I love to hate. I hate when she comes on screen cause I know she is going to kick up some trouble for the Sons. And that is where my conflict is. She is the “good guy” and I get angry when she tries to  do her job. why am I siding with the “bad guys”. (The world’s turned upside down, that’s why.)

The beef between Jax and Clay is not resolved. Just shoved aside for the greater good. They need each other right now and cant exact revenge on the club’s enemies on their own. No biker is an island. The club had to put forth a show of strength to combat their enemies.

But did the end justify the means?

This is a theme which ran through the entire second season. The Sons have their revenge and their enemies retaliate in unspeakable manners. And the club seemed lesser after each retaliation. It was like they were always being “one –upped”. And that is not how it was supposed to happen. Why could their enemies not stay down like good little boys?

In this season’s last episode Jax paid the big price (not ultimate, but fairly damned close). No one felt the pain dealt on him by the Irishman like Jax did. That one Jax has to deal with early in the next season. Or will that thread run all season 3 long? I hope not.

So as Zobelle boarded that plane off the Budapest, the fans are off on a trip too. A long lonely trip until SOA season 3 starts sometime next year.

And we cant wait until this trip ends.

Sons of anarchy season 2 finale - A+

No comments:

Post a Comment